To promote, protect, and support the development of a strong business environment in Somers Point.
We have been the Voice of Somers Point Businesses since 1983.
Some of our Proudest Moments:
- Created the Business School Partnership, now known as the Somers Point Education Foundation.
- Over the last eleven years the Foundation has created a $200,000 endowment for the Somers Point School Community and contributed $25,000 annually to school projects.
- One of the major catalysts for Bay Fest, an event that brings thousands of people to town in late April.
- An integral part of the plan to combine federal, county, and hospital funding for the renovation of Bay Ave.
- Worked with City Council and the Planning Board on the last Master Plan Revision.
- SPBA members work continuously to make developmental regulations more reasonable.
- Worked with the local fire companies to have “home rule” on required inspections for Somers Point businesses.
- Hosted informational meetings about important community projects, including the 9th Street Bridge construction project, the Greate Bay Development Plan and the Shore Memorial Hospital $125 million expansion project.
- Spearheaded a city wide effort to support the Shore Tomorrow Campaign in support of the hospital expansion project.
- An annual sponsor for the Somers Point Beach Concerts.
- Established a scholarship that was awarded to a Somers Point graduating student from Mainland High School who planned to pursue a career in Culinary School or Business.
- A sponsor for Somers Point’s “National Night Out”.
- Supports projects initiated by Somers Point’s Veteran Organizations, e.g., THE MOVING WALL.